Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wordful Wednesday

This was a hard one. I had a hard time narrowing it down, especially since it had to be a person without obvious religious affilliations. I kind of cheated a little when I chose C.S. LEWIS. His Chronicles of Narnia books are my most favorites reads in the world. He simplified the plan of salvation (even though he didn't know that was what it was) into stories that weremagical for children, yet had depth enough for an adult to read over and over again and still find significance. His life was an amazing yet lowly journey. He was a professor at Cambridge University in Great Britain and lived as a bachelor with his brother until he was quite advanced in age. He married an American woman with a young son after she requested it of him, she needed to remain in Britain and her union with Lewis would provide her with British citizenship. They fell deeply in love and were happy for a short time until she developed cancer and died a short time later. Lewis was paralyzed with grief yet was finally able to overcome it as he realized that his wife's young son needed him to overcome the loss of his dear mother. The movies "Shadowlands" is a wonderful depiction of Lewis' story. I definitely recommend it.

I can't go though without mentioning the other inspirational people that surround me. Luckily, there are many that I can mention. I am blessed to have so many wonderful examples. Okay, where do I start???....
Mom: She lived for years on NOTHING, yet none of us kids would ever tell you that we were poor growing up. She helped us feel there was always enough, and there was.
Carla: She has four kids, three stepkids, one on the way, a close to full time job, and she is still cheerful and happy and finds time to clean her house, make dinner, and do fun activities with her family. Amazing.
Denise: She does it all, great cook, super creative, super organized, tough cookie and can look great doing it. And she has a totally adorable youngster.
Erin Miller: One of my missionary companions. The most spiritual and faithful person I know. She is a true spiritual giant and can see the good in every situation.
Montse Wadsworth: How do you do it? Anyone who does wordful wednesday will know what I'm talking about.
Marci Case: Right now she is living in a two bedroom house that is being remodled with three kids and a niece that is staying with her. Marci, your a real trooper. I'd be in the nuthouse.....like 6 months ago.
.......I could go on and on. Pretty much everyone I know is amazing. I am really lucky to have such wonderful people around me. Hopefully I will someday live up to their incredible examples.

4 comments:

Becky said...

The word "lovely" may be old-fashioned...but I like it - and I think this post was lovely. :)

kjha said...

I love C.S. Lewis (Screwtape Letters is my favorite) and Shadowlands, but need to invest in the Kleenex company before I can watch it again.
Loved the rest of your list, too.

Now, click on the title of your post, now copy the address in the bar at the top of your screen. O.k. Now go to Montse's blog and type your name or the name of your blog in the Mr. Linky, and then paste your post address in the URL spot. O.k. now you can share this wonderful post with the rest of the WW readers! (Call me if you need help!)

kjha said...

Oops...I gave you instructions before I checked Montse's blog...scratch all that! :)

Montserrat said...

Very sneaky getting C.S. Lewis in! ☺ I love how often he is quoted by the General Authorities in thier talks.

And I LOVE your mom. She's such a trooper and always so happy.