Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wordful Wednesday

Since I don't know how to do this I'm just kind of wingin' it. One of my favorite comedians is Jack Handey. He has gotten more raunchy through his more recent stuff but I love his bazaar sense of humor. Here are a couple of he "Deep Thoughts"
"When I think back on all the arguments Martha and I have had, I realize how silly most of them were. And it makes me wonder why she wanted to argue over such stupid things...I think I'll go ask her."

"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny."

I think that I like that one so much becuase whenever I see someone fall (or get hurt in any manner) my first instinct is to laugh. It happens when I hurt myself too..it's usually just a hysterical reaction to a bad situation in every case. sigh.....

2 comments:

kjha said...

I'd forgotten all about Jack Handey...I'll have to look up some more. And as for the laughing... Jeffrey fell off his chair the other day and was so embarrassed and all I could do was laugh. He was mad at me for the rest of the night...

Montserrat said...

While at Ricks I walked into my religion class to see everyone gathered around the second story window. We all watched person after person fall down on a particularly slick spot. The professor even joined us and we spent the whole period laughing our heads off at the funny way everyone fell. Those poor people didn't have a clue there was a whole classroom full of students watching them! The best ones were those who'd stand back up and look all around to make sure nobody had seen them. Ah, good times.