Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mourning the Change of Season

I woke up a couple of days ago and realized that the season had changed and it was fall! No more 80 degree days, no more spur of the moment weekend fishing trips or picnics. I HATE saying goodbye to summer. I would enjoy fall so much more if winter didn't come imediately after it. Autumn really is a wonderful time of year it's just that you always have that little shred of dread for the long, dark, cold months ahead. So, on that downer note.....Sorry about that. I obviously have strong feelings about the seasons.. Our next door neighbors invited the kids over to their garden patch to pick out a pumpkin. Clare had a blast while Hyrum was more interested in the bikes. Bailey, our little helper/sometimes babysitter. Cutey patutey


She really was pretty psyched about the pumpkin, even if you can't tell by her face.


I love the color of pumpkins! Not that I'd want to decorate my house with it but it is a wonderful, rich color.



2 comments:

kjha said...

I love that...a shred of dread! I have to say, that I don't think of winter as dark anymore...it's just so bright white with all that snow on the ground! (As if that makes things any better!) I hope we can have a lunch soon...

David and Esther said...

mmmmm