Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey with Mashed Potatoes and Trees

We spent our Thanksgiving holiday at my parents house in Crane, OR. My brother Matthew and his family were also there so there were GIRL cousins to play with! We had so much fun eating, playing games, and working! It snowed the day after Thanksgiving when we usually go up to the mountains to cut down a christmas tree so the kids and moms stayed home while the guys went up and got a beautiful tree for David and I. On Saturday it was beautiful and sunny so we got our warm clothes and headed up to cut down a couple of dead trees for my mom and dad to use for firewood. (Their only source of heat is a wood stove.) Crazy girls.
Erica and Clare having a snowball fight. Actually it was a snowball attack since most of the throwing of snow was done by Erica. Clare took it like a champ. She spent most of the time in the warm truck though.

Adorable Sofie.....good tree, good tree. There, there...soon we will have you cut and stacked in the warm shed.


The Saw man. My brother Matthew and the tree he just cut down.



Here is a little video of Matthew cutting down the first tree. It is actually really cool to see and here a tree this big coming down. The cracks and booms are tremendous and the ground shakes when it falls. I laugh when I here my little bro Mike yell "TIMBER!"



1 comment:

The Funny Farm said...

OOooooo, I am jealous. Now I am the one being left out. I guess that's fair. Sure wish we could have been there though. Sounds and looks like fun. You'll have to endorse the poem/song I am writing about cussing at Christmas. I don't mind the kids touching the decorations on the tree, I just hate it when they pull it over...