Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's New

First of all, we are going Green and recycling everything that we can think of. For Instance: this old waste-basket is now a functional, attractive piece of clothing for the children. It wasn't working for Hyrum. (All of the other little kids in nursery were making fun of him for wearing a "skirt") Clare however, took to this little gem. Not only do we do something that's good for the environment, we are also saving money! Genius! I saw a count-down-to-Christmas calendar like this one in a craft shop down the stree and decided to make one myself. I think it turned out pretty cute. It's also really cheap. I think I spent a total of $2 on it.
Besides that, we haven't been up to much. I'll break it down like this.
Health: Good and improving. We are all pretty much over our colds.
Kids: Fun, Challenging, Adorable. Clare is learning alphabet letters which she calls "LP's". She can now count fairly accurately to 3. Clare has stopped taking naps during the day. Groan. Hyrum has been waking up a lot at night and screaming. My attempt last night to let him cry it out ended when his screaming was briefly interrupted with a loud THUMP!. He had figured out how to climb out of his pack and play onto his head. I'm hoping for better sleep tonight. Hyrum is very mischievious. Any opportunity to tease or exaspirate his big sister is snatched at and employed with relish. When he isn't tormenting Clare, he is clawing at me and crying. This happens especially if I sit down. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MY SWEET, CUDDLY LITTLE BOY?
Worries: Clare is not putting her words together very well and still pretty hard to understand. Money (aren't we all) David and Esther are worried about the direction that our government is headed. We pray that good sense and honesty will prevail among our country's politicians.
Joys: So many. Our kids always remind us that there is joy to be had in every little thing. The sunny days that still persistently show their faces a couple of days a week. Creating fun, cute things when I can find the time (and inspiration)

3 comments:

The Funny Farm said...

Thanks for sharing. It seems we always put the "good" on our blogs. Nice to know other people are having trouble too! Such cute kids, and... uh, there for a minute I was getting worried that you were going a little too green for me!!!

kjha said...

Love the skirts. wondering how to sit down in them...
Love the calendar...sell them at $10 a pop and your money troubles are over...
no nap...will she at least lay on her bed and listen to music or stories on tape? Sometimes works for us.

David and Esther said...

Hmmm. I'll have to try that.