Saturday, March 17, 2012

Beautifying

I've suprisingly been able to get a few things done around here. I've mostly been working on my room. Last summer I got the dresser refinished, put up some temporary curtains etc. This spring, I was able to get a bedspread that I love, a few pillows, (I need one more from Hobby Lobby that I've got my eye on.) get a few lamps and re-cover the lamp shades. I finally got the bedside table finished and a cute basket to put under it, I just barely got done with the cedar chest that David got for me the second Christmas we were married. I still need permanent curtains, paint the walls, a headboard and, of course, new flooring. You know, the BIG stuff.Here is what the cedar chest and our bed looked like before. Nice orange color. Warms up the room right?
The finished product. The top says: Palmer and Company, est. 2003.
Here is the little waterfall bedside table that Carla gave me last year. I refinished the dresser that matches it last summer but this has sat here for months.
yeah! I finally finished it! plus the lamp I got off of craigslist and re-covered the lampshade. It's harder than it looks when you first see it an think: " I could totally just recover that lampshade so that it matches the room!"

1 comment:

York Family said...

WOW!! I absolutely love your room!!!! Since having kids, I've always dreamed of having my room be a nice calm and elegant place I could go to recharge when mommy needs a timeout. Unfortunately, my room is where we throw all the stuff that we don't want the kids to mess with. :-( I'll have to talk to you about how to property update furniture pieces, because you did an awesome job!!! Love the bedding, btw.