Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Dollhouse

I have been so bad about blogging lately. We have been pretty busy with different things...This Dollhouse being one of them. It is a work in progress and David and I are having so much fun with it. It's almost become an obsession. Everywhere I go I'm looking for things that will work as furniture/curtains/rugs/flooring etc... here are some examples. A couch made from a little wooden shelf and a chair found at the D.I. I still need to sew cushions for both.
The bed and little bedspread I made for Clare

The bed and bedspread I made for my adorable little niece, Natalie


The Dollhouse. I'm so glad I have such a handy husband who can build stuff like this. He even made the attic into storage space with a little hatch at the top to stick stuff in. I can't wait to get it painted and the flooring down. I'm still looking for windows on line but they are pretty expensive, as is Furniture that is Barbie Doll size.



My own little Dolls. I like to hug them and squish them and give them kisses. They are the loves of my life. I am so grateful to have such beautiful children and such a great Husband. They are my everything.




3 comments:

The Funny Farm said...

Oh Wow! I didn't realize it was so big! What lucky kids to have such fun toys! We'll be headed to thrift stores to look for furniture for y'all! Great job!

kjha said...

So fun!!! I'm feeling like a dork for just buying stuff. Your's is so much cuter (and means more too!) Have you checked out any Look-alike books? They make way cool stuff out of ordinary things. you might get even more ideas, although it looks like things are very under control! P.S. Stop in some time!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

oh, i loove doll houses! my dad and i built a small one when i was younger, and i loved making curtains and little pictures to hang in it! i do remember you...and i'm also not sure what relation we are or what we would be called. oh well! let's be bloggy friends! hehe