Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wordful Wednesday

I missed posting on the last wordful wednesday. The theme was poems and we were supposed to write a poem. I started, got writer's block, and quit. I am NOT a poet. This WW theme is "Mothers".

Of course my own mother is the biggest influence on my life and probably always will be. As I am raising my two children I often think two, three, even 12 times a day: "How did my Mom do it with SEVEN?"
It takes a special person to be able to raise so many children and not completely loose their mind. My Mom really is a special person. Here are some things I learned from my Mom:
1. If you are going to do something, do it well.
2. I am the only person holding me back from doing great things.
3. Be completely honest in everything you do.
4 Hard work is fulfilling.
5. Never stop learning.
6. Good Music is healing for the soul, and joy in your heart.
7. "Be of Good Cheer"
8. A really good, hard laugh is necessary from time to time.
9. The world around us is a beautiful place.
10. Pray always.

My list could go on and on but I'll spare you all a few hours by just listing ten. My mom is an amazing woman with countless talents and abilities. She is truly a sacred vessel and shall be called blessed by future generations. Love you Mom.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

A very good list! And I wonder the same thing about my mom, how did she do it!!?

Montserrat said...

Your mom is another of those super Crook sisters who just know the secret for living life and enjoying it.

kjha said...

Your mom has one of the best laughs EVER! Have her read you the Vicar of Nibbleswick sometime :) I'll never forget her reading it to us when she visited once. I think she's amazing too!

The Funny Farm said...

What can I say... we have good genes... maybe they will rub off one of these days on me. They already have on you. You are a great mom too. I love to hear mom laugh too... and watch her cross her legs (like I do now too) so she doesn't pee her pants. It's the best when she cries when she laughs so hard... she does that squeeky high pitched hehehehheeeeee.. :) Laughter is such good medicine.